GARDENING CLUB INFORMATION
The club was established in 1983 when a number of interested people met in the Community Centre in Arcadia Road, and continues to flourish. In an area noted for its nurseries and semi rural ambience the club has an important role in the life of the local community.
This role is highlighted each year when the club holds its annual Open Gardens Weekend to raise money for various charitable organisations. Commenced in 1991 this event has raised many thousands of dollars for both local and more broadly based worthy causes.
We are pleased to have as our Patron Mrs Judy Horton, the well known horticulturalist, author and broadcaster.
The club meets at 8pm on the 2nd Wednesday of each month (December and January excepted) in the Galston Community Centre (formerly the Galston School of Arts), 37 Arcadia Road, Galston. Activities organised by the club include:-
– Guest speakers on a wide range of gardening topics
– Trading table where plants can be purchased at very reasonable prices
– Coach tours to various gardens, nurseries, parks and other places of gardening interest.
– Provision of a comprehensive library of gardening related books and DVDs which can be borrowed through the Club Librarian.
– An opportunity to socialise at the conclusion of the meetings when supper is served.